How Does the Zoom! Process Work?
When you come into our office for your cosmetic consultation, we’ll evaluate the stains on your teeth and design a treatment plan to help you reach your smile goals. If Zoom! is right for you, we strongly suggest that you undergo a professional teeth cleaning before your procedure; removing plaque and tartar will help your whitening treatment produce the best results possible.
After your teeth are nice and clean, the Zoom! process will go like this:
- We cover your lips and gums so the bleaching gel won’t irritate them.
- We apply a whitening solution to your teeth, and then activate it with a special UV light. Working together, the light and the bleaching gel penetrate your teeth to destroy stains.
- The gel stays on your teeth for about 15 minutes before we rinse it off. We may reapply the gel multiple times during your session in order to achieve optimal results.
What Are the Advantages of Zoom! Whitening?
The speed with which Zoom! works is this treatment’s most obvious advantage, but there are many other things to love about it:
- Zoom! is safe. When teeth bleaching is performed under a dentist’s supervision, you can rest assured that your smile will reach stunning luminosity without being put in danger.
- Zoom! goes beyond the surface. Many OTC whitening treatments can remove stains, but only from the surface of teeth. Zoom! targets even deep-set stains that have been there for decades.
- Zoom! whitening provides long-lasting results. With proper care, your brightened look can last for years.
What Else Should You Know About Zoom!?
It’s vital that you follow the instructions from your dentist for caring for your teeth after your whitening procedure. For example, you’ll need to avoid certain foods during the first 24 – 48 hours following the treatment because your teeth may be extra sensitive and more vulnerable to stains during this critical window.
Once you can resume a normal diet, you should still be cautious about how you treat your newly whitened chompers. By limiting your intake of dark foods and beverages, avoiding tobacco, and sticking to an excellent oral hygiene routine, you can ensure that your results last as long as possible. You might also have to do whitening touch-ups once in a while with a take-home kit from your dentist.
It’s important to note that Zoom! cannot change the color of fillings, crowns, or dental bonding. If you have any of these on your front teeth, you’ll have to talk to your cosmetic dentist in East Dallas about other procedures that may be able to transform your smile.
Are you ready to say goodbye to stains and hello to a bright, head-turning grin? Contact us today to learn more about Zoom!